EVERY FRIDAY (except school holidays)
FROM 10.00 am – 11.30 am
Young children and their caregivers enjoying music, rhyme, rhythm, creative dance and more.
- Preschool children developing skills – co-ordination, fine motor skills, gross motor movements, social interaction, appreciation of music and musical styles, language development.
- Providing children with a structured environment and then a time of free play.
- Bringing adult and child together for a time of safe interaction, and in doing so, teaching adults rhymes and songs that can be used at home to help with cleaning up, colours, counting, and more.
- An opportunity for parents to network with other parents of preschool children. And for families to find a sense of ‘old fashioned community’.
- Opportunities for families to be helped – practical needs such as meals, transport, help with shifting house, and babysitting.
- Celebration of Mothers’ Day and Fathers’ Day – reminding parents that they are undertaking a very important role as parent.
In short, mainly music is an opportunity for adults and children to build memories and spend time together, sharing special time with each other.
the aim of mainly music
The aim of mainly music is to provide an environment where preschool children develop skills to enhance their preschool education, through the use of music, rhythm, rhyme, and other music related activities with the participation of a parent or primary caregiver.
a quick overview
Started in 1990, mainly music is a fun music group for parents or primary care givers to enjoy together with their young child. Throughout the session, children develop gross and fine motor skills, language, imagination, mathematical and pre-reading skills as well as socialize with others. Each mainly music is associated with and is run by volunteers from a local church. Children are introduced to music, creativity and more, plus families given a chance to think about the God-part of life. Amazing to think that all this can be achieved in a loving, shared family environment.
Cost is $5.00 per family and morning tea is provided.
The littlies start bopping along with the beat on Fridays at 10am Church Hall, Cnr. Short and Scarborough Streets, Southport. (Next to Australia Fair Shopping Centre)
For more information contact the church office.
Phone 5532 5915